Drive to work on deep fundamental technology for a world class simulation platformTAKE OUR TEST
Simudyne’s mission (WIRED article) is to ensure that all decisions of consequence are simulated first. We are an engineering led company looking to hire a PAID front-end developer intern (with view to make you a full time offer after 2-3 months)
Full time developer opportunity. Learn from the best simulation experts and join one of the hottest (funded) AI startups. Mac / PC + iPhone. Competitive salary plus stock options available for the right candidate.
Knowledge of or ability to rapidly learn Java and Scala
- Ability to work in a fast-paced startup environment
- Take on significant responsibility early by working on a bleeding edge technology platform that puts you in the position of creating features for some of the world’s best modellers and programmers
- Energetic, hungry computer engineers looking to make their mark.
- Java / Scala expertise
- Knowledge of the Hadoop ecosystem (especially Spark)
- Passion for AI (especially deep reinforcement learning)
- Excellent modeller (especially agent-based models)
- Platform developer
- Comfortable anywhere in the tech stack
- Interest in distributed computation
- Drive to work on deep fundamental technology
N.B. many of our best engineers had no knowledge of the “preferred” attributes before they arrived. We can provide the mentorship, guidance and network to get you up to speed if you have the aptitude.
We need to move quickly. We will hire ASAP. We will wait for the right people but the earlier the start, the better. The best talent rarely has the time to do 5 rounds of interviews and spend 8 hours on a developer test. Send us your CV and an example project / code contribution. Be prepared for a review of your work, and more importantly the reasoning and rationale for what you’ve created or changed. The best examples should explain functionality, setup, libraries used, etc. If you are not able to discuss or share an existing project, we do ask for you to complete an open-ended development task.
Our technology uses the power of the cloud to run models of the real world that can scale infinitely. Think simulations with billions of moving parts, millions of people interacting and the ability to decide the best course of action. They are artificially intelligent simulations. To date, our technology has been used by the Bank of England, Burgan and Gulf Bank, several research institutions, a super major oil company, and the list is growing.
We are based in the heart of Shoreditch in the new Barclays Rise building, together with London’s other top FinTech startups.